Friday 26 October 2012

funky fresh

fresh-faced and funkadelic, Mat Zo is the magic man for tons of reasons - you just gotta let your ears do a little listening. The past 2 weeks he's given us even more fuel for our (at least my) burning zo fever. I linked below why..

1. Ministry of Sound - 27th October Saturday Sessions: Exclusive Mix


He released this today as a warm-up mix for his set this Saturday (October 27th) w/ Porter Robinson at Ministry of Sound. I'd probably get up on a table, fist pump and double fist doubles all night long at this show...wait a minute, I already DID do that when they were both in Edmonton #yeg last spring. This set is good for a number of, albeit different, reasons. The shortest way I can put it is it's bassy, its fast, and it does exactly what its suppose to do - "warm you up". Plus I love Zedd's "Shave it", so its pretty spot-on in my books. 

2. Mat Zo's India Mix



Exactly a week before he released his MOS exclusive mix, he posted this little nugget of gold. The only problem I can find with this mix is that it's only 30 minutes long. Set to be a warm-up for his set during Trance Around The World #450 (November 10th), it proves yet again why he's so good. It's original, its funky and its trance music. Funky and trance don't go together, like Aoki and Armin, water and oil, cheese and carrots. They don't belong in the same listen, and he somehow makes it work. I was groovin' for the first 10, feeling those typical "trance-tugging" emotional hiccups in the middle and back to kick-stepping by the end. THAT'S why Mat Zo is a genius - he's creative, he's unpredictable. 

TRACKLIST:

1 - Minimow - Bollyhouse
2 - Eric Sneo & Chris the voice - Shut up and dance
3 - Tomaz & Filterheads - Sunshine
4 - Tritonal - Utopia (Arty remix)
5 - Alex Kenji - No matter what they say
6 - Eco with Breakfast - Wide Open (Johan Malmgren Remix)
7 - Chocolate Puma & Gregor Salto - Gimme Sum
8 - Bing Players & Ferry Cprsten - Get on the Move Punk (Arty Rock-n-rolla Mix) (Mat Zo Mashup)
9 - Mat Zo - Bipolar
10 - Walck - Rise up


3: Above & Beyond: TRANCE AROUND THE WORLD 400.5 (Mat Zo)



Just a refresher - remember when Mat Zo blew our minds for TATW 400.5?....I don't know about you, but I didn't see this mix coming. This should be an even better warm-up for November 10th....this is what music is suppose to sound like right here. 

I'm telling you friends, I'm on to something here. If by some strange, MESSED UP reason your not already listening to this kid, then please do yourself a favor and turn him on and up. When I here his stuff I'm physically forced into sharing it with others so everyone can have a taste of this guy's greatness. I'm not just a fan girl spreading the love - I love music and I especially love creative, funky, groovy, jazzy, bassy beats and if you want to expand your horizons, expand them through this guy. 

WORD, meow and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment