Wednesday 14 November 2012

and then that random woman whispers "Trance Around The World"

I guess the question really is 'why do I love TATW so much'? It doesn't necessarily afford an easy answer. The best I can tell you is at the end of the day - there are only a few things that elicit a genuine, un-thought, un-planned emotional response from us as human beings any more. And for me, Trance Around The World is one of them. 

Our answers are pre-calculated, our friendships are organized, our days made up in planners and timetables. I know where I’ll be every morning, I know who I’ll see every day, I know where I work, who I like, what I’m going to say to those around me. Maybe that’s why I feel like the wings on my feet are slowly breaking free from their tethered shackles, looking for new air to conquer. Because as much as the security and comfort of knowing how you feel is wonderful, NOT knowing and genuinely responding to something is a breath of fresh fucking air.

Meeting someone who steals your attention for a second, unplanned – nothing thought through. Deciding that maybe you will be somewhere different tomorrow, see something new next week, feel something instantly genuine and fresh – well that’s why I love TATW.

Because whenI sit in my bedroom, surrounded by familiar territory in Alberta, or my brand new mountains in B.C., no matter where I am – what I feel when I listen is genuine. It’s brand new, its intensive emotion that’s surprising and exciting and its ME.

Sometimes I close my eyes and I’m reminded of a brand new moment at a long ago show, where a producer, a DJ, where someone took me on a musical journey that was new. Or sometimes I just feel that brand new emotion in my kitchen, sipping coffee and feeling. TATW makes me feel. Trance music makes me feel. It reminds me that although I may have rested my spirits somewhere, that my time to be steady and calm, to learn and to remain patient is important now – it reminds me of those slowly flapping wings below my knees, around my ankles. They’ll be ready to soar soon.

It fills me with unexpected excitement about new love, fresh starts, and adventures to unfold. Sometimes it fills my heart with old loves, dead ends and adventures that lead to personal ruin, if but for a time. BUT at least I feel it. What a shame it would be to stop feeling at all, or at least not to feel anything we hadn't already planned for ourselves. And that is why I love TATW. 

It makes me feel something nothing else can. 




And on that note...



My first link here is going to take you to the wonderful Electronic Oasis's website, where they've cleverly listed the top 10 ID's from TATW 450. There's new Mat Zo + Porter, a new A&B track, even an new Andrew Bayer ID. It's just an easy link for you to cash in on and find the newest stuff you can't ID from a few greats and better-than-great weekend of music. 

http://www.electronicaoasis.com/trance/group-therapy-radio-ten-previews




Secondly, as per my almost prophetic telling of the weekend in question, Mat Zo's tracklist was beautiful...

http://soundcloud.com/edmtunestv/mat-zo-live-trance-around-the-world-450-group-therapy-india-10-11-2012

Also - Andrew Bayer's set. If you don't own It's Artificial, you should. 

http://soundcloud.com/edmtunestv/andrew-bayer-live-trance-around-the-world-450-group-therapy-india-10-11-2012



No comments:

Post a Comment